The Cisco AnyConnect VPN client is installed via an end users browser (web deployment) when they first connect to the Networking Tasmania Internet VPN service
- Please see the Cisco AnyConnect SSL Internet VPN client guide for further information on obtaining and using this software
- IT Help Desks can download the Cisco pre deployment packages for the Cisco AnyConnect VPN client here although this is not normally required. These packages are only available for download from within the Networking Tasmania network as they are only intended for IT Help Desk staff. End users who require the client should use web deployment as per the guide linked above.
- Windows v3 (Deprecated)
- Windows v4 (Production Version as of 16/5/18)
- Windows v4 (4.6.04056)
- Windows v4 (Latest Version – 4.7.04056)
- macOS (Production Version as of 16/5/18)
- macOS (4.6.04056)
- macOS (Latest Version – 4.7.04056)
- Linux 32 bit (Deprecated)
- Linux 64 bit (Production Version as of 16/5/18)
- Linux 64 bit (4.6.04056)
- Linux 64 bit (Latest Version – 4.7.04056)
- The older stand alone Cisco IPSEC VPN client is no longer supported by our vendor. This client may still connect to the Networking Tasmania Internet VPN service however its ongoing support by Nettas cannot be guaranteed. All new end user installations should be with the Cisco AnyConnect client (see link to guide above).
- CRYPTOCard/BLACKShield two factor authentication software is downloaded via a link in an email that will be provided if you request a software token with your Internet VPN service. There is no token software available on this site.